- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine (or butter), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Silk soy or almondmilk, any flavor except chocolate
- 1 cup margarine (or butter), softened
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Silk soy or almondmilk, any flavor except chocolate
- Several drops food coloring, optional
- Sprinkles, optional
Dish up your review
Great!The cupcake texture is awesome! It was moist and held together without crumbling. I used the silk vanilla almond milk (in the cupcakes and the frosting). The frosting wasn't my favorite, but my kids loved it. I'm pretty picky about frosting and I think I will try a different dairy-free margarine next time. I did like the frosting a little more with a little almond extract added. Either way, it was great to see the smile on my son's face that he could have a cupcake! (He's lactose intolerant.)
It has eggsI do not add eggs to my cupcakes because you can get the same results with applesauce.
Birthday CupcakesNew York
The best frostingThis is the only frosting I will ever make again. It is delicious and so easy to make! This is so helpful because my daughter can't have dairy, so we always substitute silk!
Great Birthday Cupcakes!Wow! I made these for a friend's child's 8th birthday party... they were a hit! Nobody could tell I used all soymilk instead of regular milk, and the kids came back for seconds and thirds! Way to go, Silk! Great recipe!
- Make cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 16-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine (or butter) and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, then beat in vanilla. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well and scraping bowl after each addition.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternating with Silk in three batches.
- Spread batter evenly in muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Reserve any leftover batter for additional cupcakes.
- Bake until golden and a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Make frosting
- Beat margarine (or butter) with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- With speed on low, slowly add powdered sugar. Add vanilla, Silk and food coloring, if using, and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.