+ 20 min setting
+ 1 hr baking
See the nutritional information
- 4 cups 1/2-inch bread cubes (use challah or white bread, crusts removed)
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups Silk Original or Vanilla soy, almond, coconut or cashewmilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
Dish up your review
Chocolate Cherry Bread PuddingCalifornia
Yummy!I've made this recipe (with challah) a few times and always have rave reviews! Best with dark chocolate chips!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 3 cups of the bread cubes in a greased 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish.
- Tuck the cherries in between the bread pieces and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Whisk the eggs with the Silk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Pour the liquid over the bread and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Press down on the bread a few times to wet the tops of the cubes.
- Scatter the pecans evenly over the pudding and sprinkle with the light brown sugar.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until puffed, golden brown and firm in the center. Serve warm.