See the nutritional information
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Silk soy, almond or coconutmilk, any flavor
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Dish up your review
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yummy Chocolate !What a great muffin ! I used Silk Chocolate of course and used applesauce instead of oil and the cinnamon just gives them a great chocolate flavor. My son is extremely picky and will avoid any vegetable at any cost. I had to really grate the zucchini fine and they turned out wonderful. You cannot even see the zucchini and that's enough to fool the pickiest of eaters. I would recommend cooking the full 17 minutes. Definitely adding to the book of favorites !
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together Silk, vinegar, vegetable oil, beaten egg and vanilla until combined.
- Pour Silk mixture over dry cocoa mixture and stir by hand until all the flour is incorporated. Stir in the zucchini followed by boiling water. The mixture will be thin.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way full, sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 13-17 minutes until tops spring back and a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.