See the nutritional information
- 2 cups Silk Dark Chocolate almondmilk
- 2 cups pre-cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dairy-free sweet ground chocolate for dusting
Dish up your review
Dairy and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Almond Rice Pudding
For a healthier (vanilla) version:I use a brown and wild rice mix, plain/vanilla almond milk, 2 tsp vanilla extract, egg whites, and splenda instead of sugar. I still use the cornstarch, but it is only a teaspoon, so it isn't so bad. I also add cinnamon.
Dairy and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Almond Rice PuddingIllinois
love itI use this recipe but use Silk's coconut milk and it turns out great. Is a great treat for my milk intolerant daughter.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan, combine the almondmilk and pre-cooked rice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar and cornstarch, taking care to eliminate any cornstarch lumps.
- Stir the eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture.
- Once the almondmilk and rice begin to simmer, slowly stir in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Continually stirring, bring back to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the rice pudding into 4 small ovenproof bowls.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.
- Dust with sweet ground chocolate and enjoy warm or chilled.