See the nutritional information
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Silk almondmilk, any flavor except chocolate
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray or grease a bundt pan or two 8 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat oil, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with almondmilk, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Bake for 1 hour until top springs back and a tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove warm cake from pan.
- Use a fork to poke several holes around cake. Using a pastry brush or spoon, slowly “baste” cake with glaze until it is uniformly moistened and all glaze is absorbed.