See the nutritional information
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Silk soy, almond or coconutmilk, any flavor except chocolate
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray or grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat sugar and oil until combined. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl sift together flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture and Silk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in pumpkin and chips or nuts, if desired.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until top springs back and a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.