See the nutritional information
- 2 1/2 cups Silk, any flavor except chocolate
- 1/3 cup short grain white rice or Arborio rice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired
Dish up your review
please helpwould love to try this recipe, but I am allergic to eggs. any alternative, such as cornstarch? finding sweet things for someone that is allergic to wheat, yeast, milk and eggs is a big problem. luck that I have found Almond Milk, but where to go from here.
TastyRice pudding: Great recipe and very delicious with Silk coconut milk, my family loves it. Now I bring it to potlucks all the time for my friends to enjoy and I always get ask for the recipe.
Rice PuddingNew York
Coconut Makes itThe Coconut milk really adds an extra flair to this rice pudding and I swapped out the white for black rice and it was amazing! Black rice, honey, pinch of cinnamon, coconut milk, no raisins, shredded coconut instead. Amazing.
Nutritional Info is wrongThe nutritional information says 0mg cholesterol. With one egg in the recipe, I highly doubt it! Get real, Silk. Your product is wonderful, but your receipe is completely misleading.
Love it!Im enjoying this recipe ... although, I have made a few adjustments, its still a delicious dish! Instead of raisins I used cranberries, Silk Vanilla coconut milk not chocolate. I didn't add the egg and sweetners as I found the the coconut to be already sweet :) Thank you :) enjoy
- In a medium saucepan, bring Silk, rice and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until rice is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg until well combined. Whisk in a ladle of hot rice mixture into beaten egg.
- Add egg mixture back into saucepan and stir over low heat until thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, sweetener and raisins, if using. Serve warm or cold.