See the nutritional information
- 2 cups Silk Original or Vanilla soy, almond or coconutmilk
- 2 cups Silk Original or French Vanilla Creamer
- 1/2 cup honey, agave or sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
Special tools: ice cream maker
Dish up your review
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Dairy Free!I thought I was going to cry when I found that I was allergic to dairy, but i made this ice cream and my worry that I could not have ice cream floated away. It really depends on the type of milk,I've tried all three and coconut is the best.
- Place Silk and Silk Creamer in a medium saucepan and whisk in honey, agave or sugar.
- Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise, and use the tip of a knife to scrape the seeds from the bean into the saucepan. Add bean pod as well.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove about 1/4 cup from the pan and whisk it together with the arrowroot in a small bowl. Whisk the arrowroot mixture back into the pan, cover and let the mixture infuse for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- NOTE: If you don’t have a vanilla bean, add 2 tsp vanilla extract when removing mixture from heat. You may also add fresh fruit or any other flavorings you desire.