1 hr 15 min
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green, yellow, orange or red bell pepper, finely chopped with stem and seeds removed
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4 cup Silk Original Cashewmilk
- 2 (15-oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- Whole cilantro leaves or parsley, if desired
- 6 scallions, chopped, if desired
Dish up your review
Hearty Black Bean ChiliOklahoma
chiliNot yet, but sounds good for next Monday !!!
Hearty Black Bean Chili
Good recipeIt would be really, really helpful if you included calories and other nutritional values per serving. Protein, carbs and all other nutrition info should be included.
Total Results: 2
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and pepper, reducing the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, bay leaf and salt. Cook, stirring often, until spices are fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add tomatoes with juice, stir, and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes.
- Add Silk, beans, quinoa and stock, cooking for an additional 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve topped with cilantro and scallions, if desired.