- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dates, loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup Silk Vanilla Protein Nutmilk
- 6 Tbsp agave
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups strawberries, roughly chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 3 Tbsp Blueberries
Dish up your review
Berry Cashew Protein Bars
Berry Cashew Cream BarsI have not tried this recipe because after looking at the instructions, seems like too much trouble. Cashews are expensive and I don't have a food processor.
Total Results: 1
- Prepare crust
- Line the bottom of an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle.
- Place cashews (for the crust) into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and crumbly. Add in dates and pulse until combined and mixture begins to form a crumbly dough.
- Pour crust into the bottom of prepared pan, adding the water to help it stick together. Press firmly into the pan.
- NOTE: You need to press it very thin, so really work it in there.
- Place into the freezer while you make the cream.
- Prepare bar layers
- Drain soaked cashews and place them in a large high-powered blender along with Silk, agave and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as necessary. Transfer to a large liquid measuring cup. You should have about 2 1/2 cups of cream.
- Place just over 3/4 cup (or 1/3 of the total amount) of cream into a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) along with 1 cup of strawberries, reserving the rest for later. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed.
- Pour the cream over the crust and spread out evenly. Place into freezer until top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once set, add half of the remaining cream to the small food processor, along with spinach. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour over the strawberry layer and spread out gently. Place in freezer until top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Pour remaining cashew cream into small food processor again, adding remaining strawberries and blueberries. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour over the spinach layer and spread out gently.
- Cover the pan with foil and freeze until completely firm and set, about 4 hours to overnight. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.