- 2 Tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 3/4 tsp natural salt, plus more to taste
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconutmilk
- 5 cups steamed cauliflower (1 large head/6 cups raw)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder, plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- In skillet over medium heat, warm coconut oil and sauté onions and garlic with 1/4 tsp salt for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and starting to brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer cooked onion mixture to blender, then add vegetable broth, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, Silk, steamed cauliflower, nutritional yeast, tamari, lemon juice, curry powder and cayenne. Process on high for 30-60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- If you’re using a high-speed blender, continue blending for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture is steaming hot. If using a conventional blender, transfer soup to saucepan and warm over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes until hot.
- Serve with crusty bread.