- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine chilled and cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk, chilled
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 4 Tbsp Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Prepare crust
- In food processor, combine flour, salt and brown sugar, pulsing to combine.
- Add margarine and pulse 5-6 times until mixture resembles course corn meal.
- Add Silk and pulse another 5-6 times. The dough will be crumbly but should hold together when you squeeze it in your hand.
- Divide dough between 8 cupcake molds using your fingers to press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- While crust chills, preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake tarts for 10 minutes, then let cool while you prepare filling.
- Prepare filling
- Whisk together flax meal and Silk.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, margarine, salt and coconut flax mixture. Heat until margarine is melted and mixture just starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately add vanilla extract, pecans and baking powder, mixing to combine.
- Spoon filling into tart shells, 1 heaping Tbsp per shell. Bake another 20 minutes until filling has set.