- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup Silk Almondmilk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices thick white bread
- 4 tsp margarine
- Prepare praline
- Combine powdered sugar and water in pot over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil, then cook for 6 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Stir in almonds and pour onto tray lined with baking paper. Allow to cool, then break into small pieces.
- Prepare French toast
- Combine Silk, cornstarch and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the mixture, flipping to evenly coat bread.
- Place 1 tsp of margarine into nonstick pan over medium-high heat and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top toast with almond praline and serve.