- 1 Tbsp canola oil or unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup raw cashews, ground
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave
- 1 1/2 cups Silk Original or Unsweetened Soy or Almondmilk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 small jalapeño chiles, seeded and minced
Dish up your review
Great!This was wonderful. Great texture. I used roasted cashews, but couldn't really taste them. Good jalapeno kick. I'm keeping this recipe to use again.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place 1 Tbsp oil or butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet and place skillet in preheating oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, ground cashews, baking soda, baking powder and salt, breaking up any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and sweetener. Whisk in the Silk, lemon juice and jalapeños.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, stir lightly until just blended–don’t overmix.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven.
- Using a pastry brush, distribute the oil or butter all over the skillet. Scrape the batter into the skillet and place back in the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.