- 2 pounds whole kale or 1 pound bag chopped or baby kale
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/4 cups Silk Unsweetened Almond or Cashewmilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or sub 1/3 cup dairy-free Parmesan for 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashew halves, for garnish
- If using whole kale, remove stems and roughly chop.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add kale and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Whisk in Silk, salt, pepper and nutmeg, then simmer, stirring often, until thick (about 8 minutes).
- Add red pepper flakes, Parmesan and drained kale.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes, until hot.
- Remove from heat, garnish with cashews and serve.