- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 button mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup Silk Original or Unsweetened Soy or Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Dish up your review
Creamy Pesto-Stuffed MushroomsNew Jersey
Great appetizerI made this for an appetizer for Christmas and it went over great. Everyone like the stuffing.
Creamy Pesto-Stuffed MushroomsNorth Carolina
Most delightful MushroomsI made these for my mom and sister. My sister has been diagnosed with Diabetes, So I chose the unsweetened almond milk. The carbs werent to bad. They were a hit. They are delicious. they have just the right amount of everything I cut down a little on the cayenne pepper everyone is different when it comes to spiciness. I will be making them for many parties and holidays to come easy to make, mouth watering and everyone loves them. Great recipe.
Creamy Pesto-Stuffed MushroomsTexas
Love itThis is so good it is my go to dish to take to potlucks.Even none vegans love them ; )
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or blender, process basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic and nuts until chopped fine. Set aside.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps aside. Finely chop stems.
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped stems, salt and pepper and saute until stems release their liquid, about 3-5 minutes. Add basil-walnut mixture and heat for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Silk and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cayenne pepper.
- Evenly distribute mixture among each cap and bake for 20 minutes.