- 3 oz Silk Mint Chocolate*
- 2 blackberries, muddled (or mashed with the back of a spoon)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated orange rind
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters**
- Peppermint stick, for garnish
*If Silk Mint Chocolate isn't in season, try this recipe with Silk Chocolate Soymilk or Silk Dark Chocolate Almondmilk!
**Adds a trivial amount of alcohol
Dish up your review
Freshly Minted is a fresh must have for the holidaysFreshly Minted has a perfect combination of flavors and goes down smoothly. The mashed blackberries and freshly grated orange rind go perfectly with the chocolate and Angostura bitters. It is a very smooth treat perfect for holiday parties and gatherings. Also perfect for an evening treat before bed. I hosted a party where I served Freshly Minted and no one believed me when I told them it was made with Silk Chocolate soymilk, this is the perfect "in season" drink! Enjoy~I know I have.
- Place all ingredients except garnish in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 1 cup of ice and shake well.
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with a peppermint stick.
- For a spirited drink, add 1 oz amber rum and 3/4 oz orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier.