- 2 broccoli crowns
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 cup barley
- 3 cup Silk Original Soymilk
- 2 Tbsp margarine (or butter)
- 6 Tbsp flour
- Favorite spices
Dish up your review
Good for the Soul Broccoli Soup
Healthy Waist Watcher SoupA Fantastic tasting soup for anyone who is trying to keep the pounds off and keep fit. I have made this twice, the first time exactly as the recipe states with just a pinch of Italian seasoning. The second time I substituted rice instead of barley and it also tasted good. Do not be afraid to mix it up a bit....but keep it healthy! Thanks Silk
- Dice the vegetables into small pieces and sauté.
- Add beans and barley.
- Add enough water to cover the mix with a bit left over because barley will expand. Bring to a boil and then simmer.
- In a bowl, add flour and 2 cups of Silk. Mix until well-blended.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan, then add the Silk/flour mixture. It will thicken into a roux.
- Add one more cup of Silk soymilk.
- Add this mixture to the soup that is still simmering to incorporate fully.
- Serve warm.