- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Silk Original or Vanilla Soy or Almondmilk
- 3/4 cup apple cider
Dish up your review
Mini Amaranth Corn Muffins
These are great!I make cornbread all the time and now that I have tried it with almond milk i will never go back to regular milk again! These were so moist and full of flavor! Great recipe!!
Mini Amaranth Corn MuffinsSouth Carolina
Great Thanksgiving Day Side!I made these today as an experiment for my blog and a Thanksgiving Day holiday- PERFECT ! I would never miss dairy filled cornbread with this!:)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two mini muffin tins (48 total) with canola oil spray or line with mini paper liners.
- Place amaranth in a heavy bottomed skillet over low heat. Stirring constantly, toast until the grains start to pop and turn golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cornmeal, flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a blender, combine the oil, maple syrup, Silk and apple cider. Blend until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry, stirring just until the dry ingredients are completely moistened.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tins and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 11-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven as soon as a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack for 5 minutes before popping them out of the tins.