- 16 oz whole wheat noodles (fettuccine or linguine)
- 1 Tbsp margarine (or butter)
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
Dish up your review
Pasta DelightIf you love fettuccine, you'll love this. It's flexible too.
Awesome!Not only was this a great dinner but so healthy using my favorite "Silk Pure Almond milk"!
Bringing Mi Italia back home!After discovering this recipe, not only can I join in my Italian family once more in enjoying the famous pasta al pesto, but I feel like I am no different, no longer! Thank you for sharing this and making my life 100% Italian once again! Grazie!
light and simpleThis is a nice light meal, but packs a punch of unique flavours. And so simple to make!
VEGAN???Not a review exactly 'cause I haven't made these. I'd just like to know HOW you can call these VEGAN when you have BUTTER in the recipe???!!!
Prepared Pesto?This is supposed to be a recipe for Pesto noodles- meaning not a recipe that calls for Pesto and noodles for the ingredients. Everyone knows how to mix noodles with prepared pesto! I girss for this "Pesto" recipe you have to either buy the l Pesto in a store or find another recipe to actually make the pesto. Either way- unless you are completely dense in terms of cooking and have no idea how to mix prepared pesto with cooked noodles, this recipe is useless. and who adds onions and peppers to pesto! Just useless.
Good stuff...I made this the other day. I didn't have any cream but I did have some Almond Milk. It turned out great. It was easy to make too. Fast and yummy...
- Cook noodles as directed.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine (or butter) over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add bell peppers to onions and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- Whisk in almondmilk and heat until bubbly.
- Add in pesto and salt.
- Remove pasta from heat, drain and toss with sauce.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan, if desired.