- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Silk Unsweetened Soy or Almondmilk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Silk Unsweetened Soy or Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Dish up your review
Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Will make this againI used a prepared pie crust. I minced red onion, a couple gloves of garlic and sauteed those with the mushrooms. Wilted all of the spinach. Poured in the unbaked pie crust, added about 1/2 of feta crumbles and poured the egg mixture on top, I used unsweetened almond milk. Took at least 45 minutes to cook. Came out light and fluffy! I had never used unsweetened almond in quiche before and was very pleased with the way this came out.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Stir in oil and Silk. Stir until mixture sticks together to form a ball.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom and sides of a deep, 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- While crust is baking prepare filling
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they release their moisture and begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of spinach and stir until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms and spinach into prepared crust and top with remaining 1/2 cup of fresh spinach leaves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Silk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, until puffed and set.
- Cool and serve.