- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup large-flake rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Silk Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until combined, then set aside.
- In separate bowl, stir together yogurt alternative, brown sugar, oil, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened, then fold in chopped strawberries.
- Scoop into muffin cups, topping each with slice of strawberry.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- TIP: These muffins are also delicious made with raspberries, blackberries or blueberries.