- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Soy or Almondmilk
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (10-oz) can enchilada sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, warmed
- Salsa, chopped cilantro and fresh avocado slices for garnish
- Soy or dairy cheese for garnish, if desired
Dish up your review
Morning wake upI tweeked this recipe by substituting green chili and sauted garlic and onions for the green/red pepper. It was excellent.
Picture wrong?Why dies the picture show a baked end product in a skillet instead of what the recipe describes as placing the sautéed mixture on a waeprm tortilla on a plate? Strange
Caribbean DreamI used Trader Joes Cuban Black Beans and Brown Rice tortillas...yummy!
so different..¡¡I love this recipe for different, is exquisite and unique taste with soy almondmilk..es so delicious and especial..¡¡
breakfastwould like to break my fast with this!
Must try!This is a great recipe!! Sooo good!!
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and peppers and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into saucepan.
- Add Silk, cumin and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce. Sauté over medium heat, stirring gently, until tofu is heated through and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5-7 minutes.
- To assemble, place a warm corn tortilla on each plate, spread with remaining enchilada sauce and top with black beans followed by tofu mixture.
- Garnish with salsa, cilantro, avocado and cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.